The Mi-Wuk Sugar Pine Fire Protection District is accepting applications for an Engineer examination. This test will establish an employment list. There are currently two (2) vacancies that the District intends to fill before January 1, 2017.
Interested applicants should read and follow these instructions carefully!
- Download and review the Job Announcement (Flyer)
- Download and review the Job Description.
- Download and complete the Application For Employment form.
- Submit the completed application by Friday, November 18, 2016, at 5:00 PM.. Submit the application either in person between 8 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday at Mi-Wuk Sugar Pine Fire Protection District, 24247 Highway 108, Mi Wuk Village, CA 95346, or by US Mail to Mi-Wuk Sugar Pine Fire Protection District, PO Box 530, Mi Wuk Village, CA 95346. Applicants are responsible for mailing applications with enough lead time to be delivered by the Final Filing Date of Friday, October 21, 2016.
Examination and Selection Process:
The examination will consist of two (2) written examinations and one (1) oral examination. Both written examinations will be administered on the same day. The oral examination will be one to two weeks after the written examinations.
- The first written examination will be a National Fire Select Test that will examin an applicant's ability to read and apply fire-related material and writing ability, logical and mathematical reasoning ability, teamwork, decision-making and interpersonal skills, personality items, and map reading. Two and one-half hours are allowed for this test.
- The second written examination will be a job knowledge format test of 75 questions based on the IFSTA Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator and IFSTA Essentials textbooks.
- The oral examination will consist of a structured interview with 5 questions selected from a nationally recognized bank of questions. The applicant's responses will be scored. The oral examination will be conducted by a panel consisting of professional and lay persons.
Candidates can and should prepare especially for the examinations.
- Applicants are encouraged to order the “NFST Candidate Orientation Guide” by clicking the following link: http://www.fpsi.com/fire-orientation-guide-download-disclaimer. The NFST Candidate Orientation Guide can be downloaded on the page following the instruction and disclaimer page that applicants must read and agree to. This will ensure the orientation guide is downloaded successfully. Once the guide is in the FPSI shopping cart, applicants will be given the option to pay with a PayPal account or as a PayPal guest with credit card. The download link will be located on the Order Received-Checkout Page that appears on the FPSI website as soon as payment is submitted and applicants are redirected from PayPal back to FPSI. Applicants must pay close attention to ALL instructions on both FPSI and PayPal’s websites in order to download any guide properly.
- The second examination is based on information from specific chapters of two (2) IFSTA Manuals. Applicants can and should study these particular chapters in preparation for the second examination. IFSTA Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator 2nd Edition; Chapters 2 through 11 and 13 through 15; and IFSTA Essentials, 5th Edition; Chapters 4, 9, and 11.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the District and ask questions of the firefighters and other staff.