ALERT: PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoffs Continue
***UPDATE: October 29, 2019 3:00pm****
Per the Office of Emergency Services, there is an indication that 75% of Tuolumne County has had power restored. The next event is expected to take place aournd 4pm today with a projected "all clear" around 1am. The areas that may be affected include Twain Harte, Mi Wuk Village, Long Barn, Pincrest and a portion of Tuolumne., this list is subject to change. Should you need them, the Community Resource Centers are still up and active: Farigrounds in Sonora, Eproson Park in Twain Harte, and Mary Laveroni Park in Groveland.
Due to gusty winds and dry conditions, combined with a heightened fire risk, PG&E is expected turn off power for public safety in Tuolumne County. As PG&E continues to monitor conditions, please prepare for outages that could last longer than 48 hours. By providing your specific address into the PGE address look up tool https://psps.ss.pge.com you are getting a more accurate data..
The PG&E website is the best location for the public to receive updates and estimated restoration times: PGE.com/pspsupdates .
- Fill up your vehicles. as Gas stations may not be able to provide fuel.
- Have Cash on hand as ATMs and credit card processing may not work.
- Make sure you have enough medications on hand.
- Non-Parishable food available as well as water
- Flashlights with fresh batteries
- Avoid all outdoor burning and other activities that could pose a fire danger
- Ensure generators are installed and being used properly
- Check on your neighbors, especially the elderly, frail, or those with access and functional needs