In the fire service emergency vehicles such fire trucks, utility vehicles, and specialty units, are all referred to as “apparatus”. The MWSPFPD operates an array of apparatus out of Station 77 that fall into a few broad categories:
- Type 1/2 Fire engines are the apparatus primarily designed for structural firefighting.
- Type 3 Wildland fire engines are ones that are specifically designed to assist in fighting wildfires.
- Type 6 Fire engines are smaller body that still allows the department to carry 50 to 400 gallons of water with greater maneuverability and accessibility.
- Water Tender Designed for transporting water from a water source to a fire scene. Water tenders are capable of drafting water from a stream, lake or hydrant.
- Mini Emergecy Response Vehicle (M.E.R.V): Small Agile ATV Off Road Rescue Vehicle to provide first response for those Emergecies in the back country